The choice of the washbasin has become increasingly important in the planning of bathroom furnishings.
At the center of the assessments we find two main factors: aesthetics and functionality.
In fact, there are many solutions on the market, of all shapes, sizes and materials, which make the bathroom a unique environment perfectly integrated with the style of your home.
Before choosing the suitable washbasin, it is good to consider the frequency of use, the size of the bathroom and the style.
This premise will allow you to choose the product that best suits your needs and will guarantee durability over time.
CRITERIA FOR THE CHOICE
Choosing a sink means taking several variables into consideration, starting from the structural ones that concern the positioning of connections and exhausts.
Beyond this evaluation, which must still be physiological and often binding, what must be considered for the of choosing a sink wisely are functionality, space and form.
- first of all, Functionality: use is daily and therefore must be comfortable and practical, usable and simple to keep clean.
- Shape: modern geometries range from being curvilinear to square, to arrive at true asymmetric design masterpieces. The concept of form leads back to that of size and in general the two variables must be considered hand in hand.
- Space: this variable is crucial since there are different sized washbasins that can adapt to small bathrooms or larger rooms. The size must be proportionate to the space around it. A large washbasin in a small bathroom clashes and gives a sense of oppression, but on the contrary, a small washbasin in a large space is likely to be not very functional. A good balance in proportions is therefore required.
Here are some solutions: from the suspended washbasin to the recessed and semi-recessed one, from the countertop sink to the columnone, through the overhanging models, integrated and monobloc.
The suspended washbasin is fixed to the wall: an essential idea, with a clean and simple design.
In fact, in order to be able to make it, a small masonry intervention is necessary since the sink is fixed to the wall or to the tiles. This solution leaves a lot of free space under the sink: an aesthetically beautiful idea, which allows you to use the environment with greater freedom.
However, since the washbasin does not rest on any floor, you have to think of shelves or cabinets to be placed, under or sideways, in order to get some support points.
Typically, the washbasin is made of ceramic: this type has lower costs than others that require the addition of a plan.
BUILT IN WASHBASIN
In this solution, the usually ceramic washbasin has standard dimensions, while the top is cut to size.
You can choose between a built-in under-top or over-top: in the first case, the ceramic remains under the top; in the second case, the edge of the washbasin protrudes from the top.
A cheaper solution than the integrated washbasin. In addition, you can choose two different materials: one for the washbasin and one different for the top, usually marble, wood or glass.
Furthermore, in this case, however, that the top must be 50 centimeters deep, so it is not an optimal solution if you have space problems.
LAY ON WASHBASIN
The washbasin rests on a pre-drilled surface. In fact, it is a modern solution, aesthetically very appealing, which guarantees greater freedom by allowing you to choose the shape, both of the sink and the top, and the dimensions you prefer according to your needs.
In addition, the top can be made to measure and the washbasin, if the tap is not already on the wall, you can place it where you want it.
If not, if you already have the wall tap, you must position the top and washbasin so that the latter is under the tap, to avoid masonry work.
SEMI BUILT-IN WASHBASIN
With this solution, a part of the washbasin is recessed in the bathroom cabinet, while a part remains protruding.
The washbasin is generally ceramic, but it can also be in different materials and have more rounded shapes (less expensive type compared to the integrated top).
It is a good solution if you have little space, because it is installed on furniture with reduced depth, generally 35 or 40 centimeters. In fact, if you opt for this type, the washbasin models you can choose from are more limited than other types of washbasins.
The wasbasin integrated in the top is the most contemporary solution, but it is also more expensive than the built-in or semi-built-in washbasin.
In this case you have maximum freedom regarding shapes, colors and materials. You can customize the sink according to your needs.
Furthermore, this solution is not tied to the depth of your top: you can integrate it either on 50 cm deep bases or even only 35 or 40 centimeters. To be considered, however, that in this case the washbasin will be small and the water will easily come out on the top.
The cantilever washbasin represents the intermediate solution between the semi-built in basin and the integrated washbasin. A part of the washbasin is integrated into the top, while a part is external.
Opt for a square or round wasbasin, depending on your space: in general, the squared lines are cleaner and may be more suitable for a smaller environment.
The wasbasin, as with the integrated washbasin, can be made with the same material as the top. Furthermore, it is an excellent solution if your environment is small; in this way it will appear larger and very elegant.
You can also choose the washbasin monobloc with column: it is one of the simplest solutions because it does not require of a plan.
In fact, the sink and the column form a single block of the same shape and made of the same material.
In addition, you can choose between two types: either the suspended model fixed to the wall or the type with floor support.
This second solution has been designed to be positioned also in the center of the bathroom: an aesthetically very interesting idea which however requires unloading to the ground, and therefore ad hoc hydraulic intervention.
It represents the most classic solution: the wasbasin is resting on a ceramic column.
Today this type of washbasin is less used, however, it can be an interesting idea if you choose a retro style for your environment.
Finally, since it is one of the cheapest types, it is often used to furnish the second bathroom.
For the realization of the washbasin, sanitary subjected to frequent use and continuous stresses, it is necessary to select quality materials.
In fact, resistance and aesthetics are the inseparable combination that define the essence of the materials for the bathroom sink.
Finally, the materials that most embody the modern stylistic concept and at the same time have remarkable performance properties are:
- Astone: composite material, characterized by great versatility and requiring simple maintenance care, suitable for any type of installation.
- Ceramic: resistant, durable and easy to clean, given its versatility and innate elegance, ceramic is one of the most chosen materials for the creation of tops and washbasins.
- Stone: natural material, which combines elegance and robustness giving the washbasin a remarkable aesthetic result, durability and resistance.
- Stoneware: resistant and versatile material in technical and aesthetic terms, it allows multiple finishes of great visual impact.
- Quartz: hard and resistant material with an impactful aesthetic.
- Crystal: delicate and classy, perfect for creating a refined and elegant furnishing atmosphere.
- Resin: durable, easy to clean, resistant and hygienic, the resin is a ductile material therefore ideal for any type of processing.
- Mineral: mineral compound with an unmistakable touch, hygienic, resistant and easy to clean, which combines excellent technical properties with a remarkable aesthetic character.
LEAVE A COMMENT
If you found the article interesting, leave a comment with your considerations about it!
Also, if you need advice or a personalized guide based on your needs, send an email to email@example.com!